Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Fun Weekend!

This past weekend I went to visit my niece and her husband. Friday night none of us could decide where to have dinner so we finally picked a cheap buffet with a salad bar and by the time we all decided it was late. The place was almost closed up before we left.

Then when we got back to their home and my husband, Mark, found a public auction that had some of the cheapest and silliest stuff I have ever seen. We laughed over the ridiculous items people were selling.

Saturday my niece, Rachel, and I got up early and took a walk around her neighborhood. The sun was shinning, it was getting warm and the birds were singing. Her neighborhood is beautiful so we enjoyed the walk until we saw a HUGE snake on the road that had been run over:(

Then we got Mark, to join the two of us in going to the outdoor market and also in getting me shoes that I can walk in as I can't wear most of mine any longer due to my Achilles injury. He enjoyed the market and got some purchases and I am sure he wasn't thrilled with shoe shopping!

We dropped Mark off to have lunch with Rachel's husband, AJ and the two of them went for BBQ which they love and then went to the Truman Library (and were finally kicked out as they wanted to close). They both seemed to really enjoy it.

Rachel and I began our shopping mission and after hours and hours we finally landed on something.

We got back to her home and sat on the steps outside talking and later remembered we were suppossed to be making cupcakes for AJ's birthday.

Dinner was an experience. We went to the Cheesecake Factory and they had an hour wait and I was starving. While waiting we got to see all the kids in their prom attire who were waiting to dine there, too. The dresses were really puffed out and the girls seemed to all be quite large. It was strange.

During dinner Rachel and I became giddy. We laughed all the way home.

After dinner, Mark went back to work with AJ and then the two of them went shopping for foods for tailgaiting at the Indy race on Sunday. Rachel and I put the auction on again and fell asleep on the sofas!

Early Sunday AJ was shopping again. We packed the Explorer and we were off to the race!

At the race they had dogs to adopt and I fell in love with a dog named Maude. Her brother Harold was at the kennel. I couldn't transport her home though:(

We got a lot of sun and enjoyed the race.

We had dinner and again I crashed when we got home.

Monday morning Mark and I prepared to leave and Rachel took us to the airport.

The weekend was so much fun. We laughed a lot and embarrassed AJ by singing Happy Birthday while tailgaiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment