Wednesday, September 19, 2007

My BIG Story

Alright, I am finally ready to reveal my BIG story!

If you thought I was about coaching and books, that is what I do because of my BIG story...but it isn't the BIG story.

So here goes...

Many years ago when I lived in Yonkers, NY and was in elementary school, I met a girl named Jackie. Jackie came to school by bus and was living in an orphanage. As I got to understand through Jackie what this meant, I felt sad. We didn't have a lot of money at my home, but I had parents, an apartment, food and clean clothes.

The day before Halloween I was talking to Jackie on the playground about trick 'or treating and she said she didn't get to do that. I decided right then that I would get as much candy as I could for Jackie.

We lived in a cooperative where there were 6 apartments per unit and the amount of units we had was hard to count! I first went unit to unit and had to go home because I couldn't carry the amount of candy I had. (There were a lot of unit!s)

Then I left again, this time armed with two giant shopping bags. I tackled individual homes and then I realized there were two tall buildings called condos... they looked like apartments to me... anyway, I had a friend who lived in one. I went and rang her doorbell and she was home and then she helped me do both tall buildings.

It was late and dark and I had to get home.

My mother thought I collected the candy for myself (I never liked candy!) and she was wondering why I needed so much. I explained to her about Jackie and she helped me package all the candy up nicely.

My sister came home and brought me a giant plastic pumpkin filled with candy and a tall object with a skelton head on the top, also filled with candy. I told her thanks and explained that this year Jackie was getting it all.

My mom had to help me to school and we walked carrying all these bags and the pumpkin and skeleton head. Then, I waited outside for the bus and as soon as I saw Jackie I pulled her into our classroom and gave her the bags. She cried and cried. I've never forgotten this experience and the love and compassion I felt for her. I wanted to do more.

Ever since Jackie, which I think was in the third or fourth grade, I have lived my life on a mission to serve others and help others. When I make money, it feeeeeeeeeeeeeels good to me because I am then able to help others who are in need.

My vision is to give away 90% of what I earn and live on 10%.

Sure I could have another car, a newer car, a bigger home, a vacation home... who knows what else... but I want to give more and so I enjoy my life with what I have and I find causes I believe in and share money with others.

This in fact is what drives me to make money.

Ok, finally I shared my BIG story.

Jackie, wherever you are, I am most grateful to you. You touched my heart and soul and I'll never forget the beauty you brought to my life.

I hope I can continue to pay it foward in bigger and bigger ways.


My Goal Is YOUR Success!
Terri Levine, The Guru of Coaching SM
PresidentComprehensive Coaching U, Inc.
727 Mallard Place, North Wales, PA 19454
(877-401-6165) http://www.CoachInstitute.com

Create a great home based business coaching clients over the phone!
Visit http://www.CoachInstitute.com today!

No comments:

Post a Comment