Friday, July 06, 2007

Las Vegas Shooting

It is my last day of vacation and I just returned from Las Vegas. I went to physical therapy a bit tired and glad to be home. While at therapy the team was talking about a Las Vegas shooting and how lucky I am that I returned. The conversation continued for a long time.

I then came home and my Dad quickly shared what he read about the Las Vegas shooting.

I came to my office and found that one of my friends emailed me about this Las Vegas shooting.

I ask myself "why" are we speaking about this and causing ourselves to focus on the negative and what could have been? I live in flow and don't worry about shootings, or terrorists or illness. I just take in that whatever is, "is".

I don't try to control situations, circumstances or people and don't allow my peace and happiness and my desire to feeeeeeeeeeeeeeel good to be interrupted by thoughts about how the world is wrong or people are bad, etc.

Certainly I would prefer that the world had peace and love and kindness and people weren't filled with confusion, hatred and evil. The truth is, that some people are this way. I certainly won't spend my day thinking about them or the circumstances they create. I do send healing energy to those injured and my prayers for them and their families and I also send healing and light to the person who is so confused and angry to do such a thing.

As uncomfortable as it is, it simply is. I can't control it or the person who did it and I can't make those injured heal. I accept what happened as the flow of life and certainly have a preference for peace and kindness worldwide.

Terri Levine, PhD, MCC
www.TerriLevine.com
www.CoachInstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment