Wednesday, July 25, 2007

It is About Making a Difference!

When I decided to major in Speech-Language Pathology back in college, it was because the field was one where I could help children and adults to gain/regain their speech, language and comprehension and I believed strongly that communication was vital to a full life experience. I entered the field to make a difference -not to make money.

When I later opened up my own Speech Clinic addressing the needs of stroke patients, autistic and Down Syndrome children, adults and children who had CP or were mentally retarded and stutterers, I came from wanting to make a difference in people's lives and to ease up the pain of not being able to communicate with ease. I didn't care about making money.

Later, as I changed direction and became an Art Consultant I had a strong desire to bring inexpensive, yet beautiful, original oil paintings to everyone so they had a chance to enjoy art and get joy from their art. Making a difference in their lives was the motivating factor - not money.

As I moved back into the rehabilitation field and began marketing for companies and then operating companies, I only wanted to make money. In those jobs I never felt I made a difference except for the times I was training, coaching, mentoring and supporting my teams. I was there to work a J-O-B and make money.

When I left that field to do coaching full time, it came solely from my desire to make a difference in people's lives...to make their lives more rich and full and their work and business more successful and joyfilled. Money was not an ingredient in my becoming a coach. And I wondered why I had been in the mode of accumulating money for many years and lost my direction.

I share my thoughts on this as I am about to make a large donation on behalf of someone who needs treatment overseas. I am glad I have the money to do this, so I can make a difference in someone's life.

My Goal Is YOUR Success!
Terri Levine, The Guru of Coaching sm
PresidentComprehensive Coaching U,Inc.
(877-401-6165) http://www.CoachInstitute.com

Create a great home based business coaching clients over the phone!Visit http://www.CoachInstitute.com today!

No comments:

Post a Comment