Saturday, October 30, 2004

Referral System

The Selling-Without-Selling Referral System

I have built 6 businesses by referral and trained thousands of entrepreneurs and sales people to do the same.

I outline the entire system in detail in the program at http://www.selling-without-selling.com and am giving the essence of it here so you can use it to your success.

Every satisfied client/customer is asked a question like this, using your own words: “Would you be willing to write a letter commenting on how I’ve helped you in your business?” Then, if they say yes, I ask them to write the letter on their letterhead. Then I say, “You know what would be really great? I’d like to send this letter out to some people I know, and was also wondering, would you be willing to send this out to some people you know and I’ll take care of the postage and mailing if you provide the names and addresses?”

Now, I mail the letter to my own network as well as the referrer’s network. The letter has credibility and expands my own database and referrals roll in!

Sometimes entrepreneurs and sales people are fearful and don’t follow this formula. If you aren’t willing to do this then you lack confidence in yourself as well as the product or service you provide.

If for any reason the person you ask to write the referral says they don’t want to do this, just ask them why not. Perhaps they are not satisfied and if you find out now, you can build a better relationship with greater service.

Ask for referrals and use the process. It works!

Terri Levine,
http://www.selling-without-selling.com

No comments:

Post a Comment