Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Really Living in Flow

I have learned so many valuable lessons over the years and none as valuable as living in flow. I used to stress over things, worry about things and be concerned about "what if this or that happens". About 2 years ago I began shifting to a new attitude. This attitude is what I call flow.

Flow means that you ride the wave of life and don't push against the wave. Sometimes things work perfectly and you are on top of the wave feeeeeeeeeeeeeling great. Other times things happen and you feeeeeeeeeeeeel like the wave is taking you out to sea. Like on my recent vacation... luggage didn't make connecting flight... spent a day without suitcases... rental car had no air conditioning in the back (where I was sitting)... my RSD caused me a lot of pain and I couldn't walk far... flight home was 5 hours late and then luggage took about 45 minutes and finally, the shuttle to take us to our car didn't come for one hour... and so it is... flow...

I didn't get upset or keep bringing these things up in my mind and doing "what if" or "poor us" thinking... I simply went with what it was and lived with it, fully accepted it and did what I could do without pushing against any waves.

And I must say, my vacation was EXTRAordinary and perfect as it was...

FLOW!

Terri Levine, PhD, MCC
www.terrilevine.com
www.coachinstitute.com

1 comment:

  1. Found your article when googling "really living". When seeing there were no responses I simply had to respond ...

    Boy, if only I could recognize when I was not living in flow sooner than I typically do. I suffer from depression -- partially learned -- as do my brother and sister. It often takes me out to sea and I become so far out to sea that the struggle to get back is overwhelming.

    Not sure where to go with this, but it feels good to say what I have just said.

    Thanks for the "flow" reminder.

    ReplyDelete