Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chicken A' La King and Paul Simon

I was listening to an old Paul Simon song while eating my chicken a'la king and began thinking about how many wonderful memories songs and music bring to me. When I listen to an older song I typically recall where I was when I heard it, who I was with and what period of my life it was. In this case the song reminded me of my best friend in college, Debbie. We were in our dorm room laughing about the song and they asked people to call into the radio station with their version of the song and I did. Most of what I said was bleeped out! Anyway it was great fun and college antics, which was a wonderful time in my life.

My coaching clients also remind me of songs. The other day when I was coaching a wonderful and talented new client who wants to start his own business, he kept saying, "There's a chance...". He used these words over and over. About an hour after our session I found myself at the computer doing some work and singing, "There's a chance peace will come..."! Of course I then reflected on him and smiled and continued singing!

Terri Levine, PhD, MCC
www.TerriLevine.com
www.CoachInstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment