Thursday, June 14, 2007

A Coaching Lesson

Ok, here is what happened a few weeks ago that I have to get out of my system. I was in a store and the line was slow, the cashier was new and was making mistakes. I was waiting and during the wait was visioning my goals and focusing on feeeeeeeeeeling my joy, and bascially enjoying the down time to just be.

A woman in front of me started yelling at the cashier. Then a man behind her began cursing at the cashier. Within a few seconds the entire line (except for me a few other folks) were yelling and complaining and carrying on.

This, of course, didn't help the cashier do better at the job, but instead put more stress and pressure on the cashier who now was slower.

The coaching lesson?

Live in flow. Let the things that happen, happen. They are all part of the wave of life. Stop rushing. Stop making other people wrong and just be and be in flow.

Terri Levine, PhD, MCC
www.TerriLevine.com
www.CoachInstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment