Tuesday, December 06, 2005

3 Steps to Prosperity - Step 1

This is a nutshell version for people in a hurry. You'll get the other 2 steps throughout this week... so you have to come back!

The attitudes we hold about money and finances are often the reasons we don't have the financial independence we deserve. In fact, the only obstacle that truly stands in our way is usually our own beliefs.

Many times, people say to shift your beliefs just use more positive self-talk and you'll remove the obstacle. My experience as a prosperity coach, says that simply isn't what it takes. We have to go a bit deeper to allow a prosperity consciousness.

So here's Step 1:

You must first change your conscious feelings that stand in the way of seeing yourself as financially free and abundant. To begin this process, you'll need to identify why you even want to have financial independence.

Often, clients I am coaching say, "Of course, I want financial independence," and then when I ask them to really look at this with me, they might not see prosperity as good or might fear success or the concept of unlimited money. To pave the way to allow money in, most of us have to understand on a deep level that there is plenty of money. Think about this.. money is created by printing paper or molding coins... we can never run out!

If we feel there is a limited amount of money and fear that if we make a large share of it, there won't be enough for others, that fear of scarcity will drive us NOT to make money.

Can you see how we can get ourselves stuck?

Whatever we focus on and think about is what we intentionally create. So, if I say I want more money but underneath I am thinking "oh, I won't be able to manage more money" or "my friend needs it more" or "I don't deserve money" or even "this is a load of codswallop, I'll never be rich!", then that thought that we focus on is the dominant thought and the money gets blocked off. It is almost like self-sabotage.

So what are your real thoughts about financial abundance? How would you really feel if it fell in your lap? If you'd have any fear or doubts at all about how you would handle it or how you would react, then you have a blockage!

Terri Levine
http://www.coachinstitute.com
http://www.terrilevine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment