Friday, March 10, 2006

What Blind Dates Have In Common With Success...

Hello everyone,

I just received this interesting note from someone who joined my coach training program and I thought what she wrote of her experience was so poignant and happens to us all - but we just don't talk about it - that I thought it should be shared. Her letter is below:

Dear Sharon and Terri,

I just wanted to tell you both that I really appreciated your group coaching call today. When I found your website, I KNEW this was the right program - it's "touchy/feely" (hands-on) which I love! But as soon as I signed up, I went into the fear of I made the wrong decision. I had gotten caught up in a fear of - did I make the right decision - will I have the "right" credentials when I'm done, etc.... I have done some more reading about who you both are and I realize that its just my fear. A fear of being "duped".

Its happened before, recently. I know I haven't been. I know you guys are really who you say you are and are helping each of us immensely. I have all the faith in the world that you and Terri are genuine and this is a very special and unique opportunity. My energy is shifted and it feels SO good!!! I thank you for the opportunity to bring up that fear and work through it. Thank you for the wonderful mentors who I could go right from the training call to talk to and discuss my fears. My mentor helps me get back on track.

I'm just extremely grateful for this opportunity. The above was probably rambling, but I needed to share. I know this is the career I am passionate about - I know its my life purpose.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Christine
(New Life Coach)

I wanted to share Christine's letter as we thought many of you may be going
through the same challenge.

It's important to know that when faced with new directions we all experience fear. Mostly it's fear of change or of the unknown. We want to protect ourselves from possible pain. This is all healthy. What is not healthy is being halted or stopped by fear. When we focus more on what can go wrong, we often miss out on major life shifting opportunities that are just waiting for us to take a step towards them.

Think about going on a blind date - just as an example. Sure, you can think
about all the ways it could go wrong. But maybe you will get more out of that blind date than you expect. Maybe it will teach you something great about yourself. Maybe it will help connect you to the real person of your dreams or a new hobby or perhaps you will just laugh all night long. If you let fear stop you from ever going on dates then will your love life ever improve? Will Miss or Mr. Right be able to find you if you're hiding in your living room behind your TV? No! In order for our lives to change for the better we have to take the "risk" and open ourselves up for opportunity.

We have to be willing "participants" - not sit on the side lines.

If we've been let down in love or even feel very "duped" by love - is that a good enough reason to never love again?

If we've taken some opportunities in the past in business that haven't worked out for us the way we expected, then does that mean we should never be open to new opportunities ever again? Does that mean that every new opportunity will have the same result?

No - of course not.

Those that are "lucky in love" or "lucky in life", are different from others in one respect: they just make themselves open to new opportunities and they act when something comes along that has potential for greatness. They never know any more than you if that opportunity will be great - but they can be sure that nothing will change unless they do something different and try it.

Here's another nugget to ponder - FEAR looks tall and scary when it is in front of us. But something magical happens when we step in front of it.

Looking back...fear looks ridiculous and silly and we wonder why we were afraid of it in the first place.

So today...where will you be standing? In front of fear, feeling stuck and terrified or looking back at it and smiling?

***If you haven't signed up for the next coaching call do so here:
http://www.coachinstitute.com/coachinginstituteorientation.htm

***Or fill out your application for the Apprentice Program that Christine is
on:
http://www.coachinstitute.com/vip-program-application.htm


Helping you to move forward in life,

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment