Thursday, May 05, 2005

Procrastination

Thomas Pushes Through Procrastination

What a great coaching session! I couldn’t wait to post this one… my client, let’s call him Thomas, is the type that takes last minute actions or no actions. He has been meaning to exercise, to eat less, to get his office organized, to call his college alumnus buddies, and the list goes on…

In our session today I had him make a list for each thing he wanted to accomplish of a 2-minute physical action he could take to get started. Then, he picked the one 2 minute physical action for each one that felt good. We hung up and I told him to call me back in 22 minutes when he finished them all… he called in 57 minutes later, apologizing because he couldn’t pull himself away once he started! Yes, exactly what we wanted.

He couldn’t believe it…so, when you are stuck, get moving for 2 minutes and see what happens.

Man, I just love coaching people and seeing what magic they create and helping them shift their believes and make these changes.

If you want to make a living like I do, come to a great orientation call. Register at: http://www.coachinstitute.com/coachinginstituteorientation.htm

Terri Levine, CEO, The Coaching Institute

No comments:

Post a Comment