Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Coaching For Change

Let’s face it... no human being actually enjoys change. Most of us fear it. When you better understand what blocks you about change, it become easier to coach yourself (and others) through change.

Getting to know YOU!

Which of these statements apply to you?

1. I don’t want to make a change until I know all the details.

2. Until I get really fed up, I don’t make changes – I have to pushed internally or externally.

3. My fear of change overcomes me and I stop myself.

4. I avoid change.

5. I feel like a victim when I am forced to change.

6. I like things status quo.

7. I am hung up on how things use to be.

Now, here are some ways to move through change:

1. Think about a change you thought was bad, that had a positive result on your life and/or work.

2. Realize that change happens no matter what.

3. Focus on the changes you’ve experienced and how looking back they weren’t so bad and might even have ended up better.

4. When focusing on one major change in your life or work, keep other changes very minimal.

5. Look for the lessons as you change.

6. Find a coach or role model to assist you with change.

7. Ask friends, family, co-workers and others to assist you during change.

8. Look at the big picture and the end result and find possible positives from the change.

9. Find ways to feel more in control.

10. Ask questions and get facts.

11. Instead of how the past was, live in the moment which is.

http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment