Wednesday, June 21, 2006

When I went through coach training almost a decade ago, it had a huge impact on my life. I thought it was just simply going to train me to be a coach so I could work with others helping them achieve more of what they wanted from life and what I found it is that by learning coaching skills, my life had less stress, more joy, ease and flow.

I could have had reasons for "upset" yesterday... my emails from the weekend are all gone and can't be retreived, I lost my voice due to an asthma attack from the humidity (and I was doing a podcast and radio interview yesterday, too!), one of my assistants is away and we need access to something only she has, some software in our database wasn't working right, my dog is in pain from arthritis, and on and on and on. What I learned years ago in coach training is that life is chaos and is always filled with wonderful things and then these things that people stress over that are simply not quite right yet. So, instead of having a stressed out day like I would have without coaching skills, I simply said, "oh yeah, this is the stuff of life" and I filled my mind and energy with what IS working and focused on that and decided how I wanted to feeeeeeeeeeeeeel.

I picked ease for the feeling and I listed over 80 things that were working - including beautiful, supportive, loving letters from clients, students and mentors and my team at Comprehensive Coaching U, Inc. The day moved on, some things on the list worked better and some didn't... oh well, such is life.

I cherish each beautiful experience and know this is simply the ebb and flow of life.

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment