Wednesday, June 14, 2006

My Dad's Fall:(

I came home from a meeting on Friday and as I came hom I passed my Dad who was talking Sheba out for a walk.

I came in, set my things down and was taking some water out of the refrigerator when my cell phone rang. The caller ID said "Dad" and I thought it was odd he'd call me while walking the dog. A man's voice said that my dad had fallen.

I ran from the house to see traffic stopped and a huge crowd of people around my Dad who was laying face down on the sidewalk. I felt like my heart stopped.

He was in a pool of blood.

He was talking and trying to act OK. We got him up and he was covered in blood coming from his nose, mouth, arms, hands, legs and knees. One of my neighbors flagged down the police who called the ambulance and emergency squad.

They wanted to take him to the hospital as he had so many wounds and his blood pressure was up high, but he refused to go.

I called the family Doctor and took him over there. We found he had broken his nose, had a serious hand and leg wound with huge holes in the leg and hand and that he did not have a head injury. In fact, his hip replacements and knees were ok.

I then got him to the hospital for Xrays and we found his nose had a bone chip and not a complete break.

So, although he looked awful, he was going to be fine.

I have been doing his wound care twice daily and he is getting better and is a great patient.

His face is purple, black, yellow, red and green and his nose is HUGE, so he'll look odd for his granddaughter's wedding this weekend - we'll see, maybe some make-up will work!

I feel grateful and blessed that he isn't badly injured and that the Angel's were looking out for him. I am thankful to the people who helped and that he is ok.

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment