Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Passive Income

Every Monday, I enjoy a day set aside for what I call a Design Day. On this day, for 4-6 hours, I focus my time and energy on creating the systems that support the creation and enhancement of passive income streams.

My view of passive income is that is money that flows in, while I am doing other things. I do set up systems that create the income to come to me and don’t want to give the idea that I do nothing, light a few candles and clean out the file cabinets, and money rolls in. This is why each week; I devote a business day, every single week, to the systems.

On a passive income day, a design day as I call it, I monitor my current passive income streams – internet marketing, affiliate programs, joint ventures, cross-referrals, network marketing, etc. I see how they are working and how to optimize each to be financially productive as well as what systems can make them run with less effort and more results. I also spend some of the day looking for other passive income opportunities that resonate with me as well as those that add to my current passive income businesses. I investigate things like lead generators, technology, and other resources.

My goal in having passive income streams is to have ways of generating income while I am sleeping and not through my regular business of coaching, where I trade my time for money. I love taking what I enjoy and designing products and services that create passive income and I spend part of my Design Days doing this.

I enjoy these days immensely and love earning more income and having more free time, so I look forward to my Design Time to set up and expand my current income streams. Each week as I spend my Design Day on passive income streams, I create more money for the rest of the week, based on spending the 4-6 hours a week. I think of myself as a recording artist who goes into the studio one day and creates a great CD. Each week I may be on tour or on TV or promoting my CD – that is my Design Day. And every other day, the CD sales – my passive income – come to me while I sleep or do other things with my life and time.


Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment