Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Momma Nature

We had a strange weather event last evening. Before I completed dinner, Sheba had to go out. I left my meal and took her out and noticed the sky was green in one place, black in another and light in another. It was humid and close to 100 degrees. All of the sudden winds began swirling in many directions and I got the sense we had to run home. Sheba, almost 14, can't exactly run - LOL!

We came in and I said to my Dad, "we are going to loose power and a tree is going to fall down in front"... I ran and got candles and as I lit the first one the power went out and the winds kicked up and we had over an hour of intense "hail balls" pounding the house!

Many hours later, still we sat with candles, and the sky lightened up. I looked out and our largest and healthiest pear tree had totally crashed down, barely missing one of our cars!

Power was restored early this morning. Our neighbors all have damage and we all have flooded basements, too! Ours is pretty bad:(

Most roads are closed in our town as the trees are blocking them.

Holy cow, who upset Momma Nature?

I am grateful Mark got home safely, my Dad's car was not hit, Sheba and I got in before the storm, we have power and we are safe.

I expect EASE today;)

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hi Terri - great site. I am MOMMA NATURE. I trademarked that name ages ago. Please do me the honor of respecting that. I realize you couldn't have known....
    Google Momma Nature and you'll see why I am called that.

    Carole Madan
    Momma Nature
    www.mommanaturesworld.com

    ReplyDelete