Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Achieving EXTRAordinary Business Results

Achieving extraordinary business results in today's lightening fast world requires some radical shifts in thinking and acting. Business is more than the bottom line and a balance sheet. People make business happen. To achieve extraordinary business results, cultivate deep and agile relationships with your colleagues, clients, customers, suppliers and competitors.

Create lifelong clients. First impressions are the most critical. Often when people call a business they leave with a lasting impression that is not too stellar. Speak with a warm heart and try not to sound rushed or that the call coming in was an interruption. Smile as you speak on the phone. The smile can be heard and will also keep the person answering the phone more upbeat and positive. Always state your name and then follow with the question, "How can I help you.” Use the caller’s name several times during the conversation. Give the caller your full attention - no paperwork, no computer, no filing --- nothing else but your full attention will do. Be sure to read back and repeat any important information including phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc. Always say thank you for calling before you hang up. Make the first impression one that is profitable and meaningful ... create lifelong clients from the beginning.

Always check your bags at the curb. Ditch the beliefs standing in your way. Nothing kills an extraordinary business result quicker than a misplaced belief or a hidden agenda. Be open to thinking in new ways and you'll discover new possibilities. You will become lighter, move faster, be more spontaneous and cover more ground with less effort.

Surrender the outcome. Being focused on the outcome limits your perspective, hinders your ability to seize opportunities along the way, and makes you less willing to take risks. It's like running a race with blinders on. Many people tell me they view me as a risk taker. I guess I do often take risks. I see huge personal benefits in doing so. By taking risks, I constantly expand my mind and see new possibilities. I gain more knowledge of myself and I gain courage and self-confidence. Set aside your expectations and fears. When you do, the possibilities will increase. Focus on making each day extraordinary.

Answers seldom come to us when we frantically search for them. There is simply no room for them. Our minds, spirits, and bodies are consumed with the search, the pressure to discover, the desire to achieve and the fear of the consequences if we fail. To find our answers, we must create space. Waste some time every day. Be playful. Allow yourself to laugh. Your perspective will dramatically expand. Create space in your life to invest in yourself and in others. I have spent many years reading and attending seminars on “success” and have come away with what works for my own life, and what works in helping my clients live a balanced life or a life filled with success. I have seen a few common denominators. These are things that I have incorporated into my day-to-day activities and assist my clients in learning to do the same. They are basic and simple and help us recognize what is most important in our lives. What are the areas that make-up my idea of "success"? They start with my relationship with my spouse. This is most important to me. Second, is my relationship with my friends and co-workers. My career contribution is next on my list as this is something I enjoy and have passion about. Success for me continues by having time for recreation and some form of spiritual practice. I also add learning and finance to the things that are important in my life. And my final components for success are contributions to community, nutrition, and exercise. These are my life success components. Each day I plan to spend time and focus on the areas that are important to me.

Achieving extraordinary results doesn't have to be a struggle. To reach for effortless and extraordinary results get your heart, head and soul in sync. Create a place of integrity, momentum, harmony and no regrets. Heart + Head + Soul = WOW!

Don't be afraid to look under the bed. We've all got a place where we seldom think to look for solutions. There may be treasure in the junk and monsters aren't so bad when you look them in the eye. Be aware. Sometimes the smallest things offer the most valuable solutions.

Use your accelerator to slow down. Ease up on the accelerator to slow down. You don't have to stomp the brake. The smoothest stops are gradual and gentle. And your car will last longer and use less gas. Anticipate and plan.

Make it bigger than you and it will pull you and everyone else along. Realize it's not about your success or failure.

Don't forget to signal before you turn. If you want people to follow your lead, don't make them guess where you're headed. Avoid a lot of crashes, fender benders and missed turns by telling folks which direction you are going before you take off.

Wear comfortable shoes. Be yourself. You'll get more done, have more fun and build more powerful relationships.

Find the "extra" in the ordinary. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you. Don't become so blinded by shiny new gizmos that you can't see the obvious.



Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment