Tuesday, April 11, 2006

You Gotta Have Friends!

Each evening I think about things, people and experiences I am grateful for and I often find myself thinking about my friends and how they bless my life. I am so fortunate to have a network of friends who deeply care and give and express love. One of my friends, Shannon, is a friend who shares intimately with me and I hold her shares with utmost confidence. When we go out to lunch or shopping or to a spa we are always filled with laughter.

One time we spent a weekend in Lancaster, shopping, eating, taking in movies and just having fun. We had just completed hours of shopping with heavy packages and carrying those in addition to a large piece of wicker, when we realized we were about a mile from the car! Shannon offered to leave me with the packages and get the vehicle, but I insisted we could walk together and carry the load. We found a short cut but in our way, we found out, was a HUGE pond. Shannon thought we could cross it, until we got close and saw how huge it was! So we walked on, by the highway struggling to get to the car and laughing so hard we had to stop several times. People kept looking at as as they drove by.

Just as we got to her vehicle her cell phone rang and it started to rain - all at once! There we stood, 2 adult women, laughing and laughing in the rain.

These moments of pure fun and joy and a great friend to share them with, fill me up!

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment