Friday, April 28, 2006

Wasted Emotion

I found out the other day that a relative of mine holds the belief that because my husband and I have "money" (which we have worked incredibly hard to earn in the past 27 years!), we in her mind, are expected to give that money away to my sister. My sister made the choice of having 11 children and spending huge sums of money given to her by her in-laws. Yet, somehow in the mind of one of her children, my husband and I are to give her our money.

I pondered this interesting thought. In my niece's life experience she has seen her parent's be given money (over and over and over again!) and has come to believe that it is expected that people give money to support others.

I love giving money to my nieces and nephews who are starting out, working hard and trying to create their lives. I give a great deal of money to charities and to causes. I easily give money away and have done things to help my sister - not all involving money.

I feel bad for my niece who is wasting an emotion and a feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling which is causing resentment and possibly hatred towards her Aunt and Uncle. Instead of feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeling good and focusing on what is right in her life and in her world and enjoying each feeeeeeeeeeeeeeling she has, she is causing dis-ease in her body by bringing bad energy right into her experience. I do understand she has this belief embedded based on her life experience to date, and I do also know, she has every ability to change her belief and allow in healthy, nurturing and nurishing thoughts.

I am not attached to if she likes us as Aunt and Uncle, that is about her. I am sad she doesn't know how to re-focus her emotions so she allows in only healthy emotions and not feelings of resentment, guilt and maybe even hatred. To me, these are all wasted emotions, which zap your energy, kill your own personal self-esteem and take away your joys in life. I do also believe that negative thinking creates negative feelings which later creates illness.

I send her much love and light.

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com

No comments:

Post a Comment