Friday, March 04, 2005

Days of Our Lives…(cont 2)

Back to Gayle…she came to the session ready to go and prior to the call she had emailed me her client prep form listing the fieldwork. When I asked her what was going right she said that she felt great, spent a great evening by the fireplace talking with her husband and watching some TV and reading and this morning she swam laps and was feeling energetic. I asked her about her fieldwork regarding her fears.

She said her list was “huge”. She had over 19 fears on her list. I made light of this and explained we humans have many, many fears so 19 showing on the surface was actually a small number.

She shared with me fears ranging from the fear of being overweight, to the fear of snakes, to the fear of having a car accident, to the fear of her husband dying to the fear of misdiagnosing a patient to the fear of loosing her business to the fear of getting cancer. For each one, I had her read me the ideal belief, like “I will always be cancer free” and then the bridge belief of what she could believe now that felt better than “I am afraid I’ll get cancer”. Each of the bridge beliefs were way too big and she didn’t fully believe them. We worked on this call to make those beliefs very, very small and fully believable. One example was she had down that she feared loosing her business. Her bridge was she wouldn’t have to close the doors. I asked her did she fully, 100% believe that and know that to be true. She said no. Then I asked what she believed that felt better than I am going to loose my business. She said I wouldn’t loose it for another year. I again asked if that was 100% true and she said there was a small possibility that within 10 months she might have to shut down. So we ruled that bridge out. We finally, after a process of trial and error, came up with, if my business does close, we have plenty of money to survive. She believed that 100% plus.

The entire session was spent on coming up with bridge beliefs so she now has some new thoughts to activate. We decided to work on three bridge beliefs that felt most up for her. The fear of loosing her business, the fear of getting cancer and the fear of her husband dying. For each one, she is working on re-programming her thinking, changing her energy and focusing on what she does want.

She left the call excited…stay tuned.


Terri Levine, founder and CEO,

http://www.coachinstitute.com

http://www.terrilevine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment