Friday, August 20, 2004

Career Coaching

It is estimated that there are over 15,000 coaches in the United States alone and the entire coaching field continues to soar. Career Coaching is the fastest growing segment of the coaching industry, according to my research.

The three major categories of coaches are career coaches, executive coaches (hired by companies to work with employees), and then there are life coaches, who are gaining in popularity during the past 5 years.

Before you hire a coach, figure out which type of coach you want to work with. Do you want assistance with your job or a job search or starting a new business? Then a career coach is right for you. If you want assistance as an executive or manager, an executive coach is right. If you desire personal assistance, life coaching is the answer.

Because coaching is based on personality, it is important to hire a coach whose personality you resonate with. More about coaches and coaching at http://www.coachinstitute.com/
When I coach new business owners, I find so often, they haven’t clarified their objective for their business.

Begin to create a vision, a picture of where you want to be in the next year. I mean see and feel it all. What are you wearing? Where are you living? What are you feeling? What do you see, smell, taste, and touch? The more detail you can put behind this, the more the brain buys it. Our brains can’t distinguish reality from fantasy, so when we give them vivid, Technicolor pictures, they work on making it happen!

Use this tool to create more of what you want in your business (and your life)! Articles and free resources at http://www.terrilevine.com

I recently read that the average life expectancy in the United States is 77.5 years. I took my age, 47 and realized I only had 30.5 expected years on earth. (I also remembered how fast I got to be age 30 and how it flew by). I know it is said we spend about 20% of our time doing things like eating, grooming, sleeping, waiting in line, waiting on hold, etc. So, of the 30.5 years, 20% is going to be spent in less meaningful ways.

This makes me glad that I do the work I love each day, spend time with the people I love each day, eat the foods I love each day, see, touch, taste and feel all the joy I do each day.

The clock is ticking. If I am given the gift of another 30.5 years (and beyond, perhaps!), I want to experience each to the fullest. The reason I preach my Work Yourself Happy message, is too many people leave this planet suddenly or a later age, having missed out on living their life. Instead they were creating income, working at a job that took them away from life and friends and family.Do you want to love your life and work and live each moment doing what you love and loving what you do? Ever thought about working 4 days or 3 or less each week? Want to spend more time with your children, partner, hobbies, church, and community? Well, you can. I do. And, I also make an EXTRAordinary living and live an EXTRAordinary life.

If you want my tips and secrets they are available to you in my books, Work Yourself Happy and Coaching for an Extraordinary Life.

How do YOU intend to experience the rest of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment