Thursday, September 07, 2006

Sad News:(

While I was away on business and vacation last week, my dog, Sheba, had to be put to sleep. I am not sure if she feel down the steps or what happened. She was home with my dad and he found her in the morning crying and laying full out at the bottom of the steps unable to move and in great pain, crying loudly.

He could not lift her and had to wait until the workers doing our remodeling showed up and they put her in his car so he could bring her right to the emergency vet down the street.

The vet gave her a steroid shot and then said she was becoming paralyized and suffering and so he had to make the difficult decision of letting her go.

I miss her and keep looking for her to sit here in my office with me.

She was a lovely animal and I feel blessed we had her for so many years bringing love and joy to our household.

Terri Levine
http://www.comprehensivecoachingu.com
http://www.terrilevine.com
http://www.coachinstitute.com/

1 comment:

  1. Terri,

    I want to say that I am truly blessed to know you. I know you touch many, many lives -- and to be so greatly impacted personally by a person who shares all of herself with such openness and honesty and realness really touches my heart.

    It's great to feeeeel your humanity even across distance (I'm on the other side of the country), space and time and still feeeel connected to you.

    The loss of a beloved pet is like the loss of a treasured family member or companion. I, along with all who know you, mourn with you AND celebrate with you the many treasure memories you shared with with Sheba.

    How merciful (though difficult) also to allow her to be put to rest.

    With much admiration and warmth,

    Tshombe

    ReplyDelete